As of the writing of this post I’ve finished reading 182 books. 13 of those books were ones I read with my 7 month-old niece, so for argument’s sake let’s say 169. My starting goal was to read 130 books, so I’m counting 2014’s reading challenge as a completed success! That means adding another ten books to next year’s challenge for a total of 140 books! (Here’s to hoping I make it!)
And now the difficult part…picking my top ten reads of 2014!
- Landline by Rainbow Rowell
- Lizzy and Jane by Katherine Reay
- Laugh by Mary Ann Rivers
- Romancing the Duke/Say Yes to the Marquess by Tessa Dare
- Neanderthal Seeks Human by Penny Reid (Really, the entire Knitting in the City series)
- The Chocolate Touch by Laura Florand
- Cinder/Scarlet/Cress by Marissa Meyer
- The River of No Return by Bee Ridgway
- Before I Go by Colleen Oakley
- Murder at the Breakers by Alyssa Maxwell
With the amount of books I read in a year, choosing a top 10 seems stupid. With that said, here are all my runners-up (in no particular order)!
- Unmasking Juliet by Teri Wilson
- The Persuasion of Miss Jane Austen by Shannon Winslow
- Attachments by Rainbow Rowell
- Consequences by C.P. Odom
- Summer Rain/Winter Rain Anthologies by Various
- Never Judge A Lady by Her Cover by Sarah MacLean
- Salvation by Noelle Adams
Ok readers, I’m passing the torch to you. What did you read this year? Any books or authors that stand out? Share them below! Enjoy the rest of your New Year’s Eve! See you in 2015!