And with it being January 1st, 2013 we can officially end 2012 and all its reading goals. I’m very happy to say that I have succeeded in reading my 110 books for the year and exceeded that goal by a whopping 74 books! With the success of this year I’ll up my reading goal again for 2013. Keep an eye out for my annual New Year, New Challenges post for a breakdown of what I’m looking to accomplish.
2012 has definitely been a year of eclectic reading for me. It’s difficult to pick my favorite books of the year since I read so many, but here is my best go:
- The Girl on the Cliff by Lucinda Riley
- The Orchid House by Lucinda Riley
- Dangerous to Know by Tasha Alexander
- A Million Suns by Beth Revis
- The Apothecary’s Daughter by Julie Klassen
- When Beauty Tamed the Beast by Eloisa James
- The Siren by Tiffany Reisz
- Short Straw Bride by Karen Witemeyer
- In A Treacherous Court by Michelle Diener/The Greatest Knight by Elizabeth Chadwick
- Fever by Lauren DeStefano
Damn. That was difficult.
My reading challenges wrap up is as follows: I once again blew through the Historical Fiction challenge (woot woot!). I also succeeded in my first year participating in the Around the Stack challenge! Now for the bad parts. The TBR challenge and the Audio challenge both got only one completed review each out of me. I know I failed the audio challenge because of 1Q84 (AH SO LONG), plus my addiction of reading newer books killed any hope I had of finishing the TBR challenge. A 50% completion rate for the challenges isn’t terrible, but I’d still liked to have completed 100%.
Even though it’s 2013 I still have some books to review that I finished in 2012, so keep an eye out for them. You can also see a listing of EVERYTHING I read this year, including review links, here.
Well, there you go folks. My 2012 year in review. Enjoy the rest of your New Year’s and join me again tomorrow as we kick off a new year and new challenges!