So today at 8am Reflections of a Book Addict begins participating in their first 24 hour read-a-thon! (More on this here) I think the video below accurately shares our feelings on participating!
Now that our excitement has been shared, we can get on with the show! Expect a lot of blog posts, tweets on twitter, and books added via Goodreads. I’ll post updates to our Facebook pageas well! Starting out with me at 8am are fellow staff bloggers Adam and Todd. In response to the first post of the day on the read-a-thon site, we’re answering getting to know you questions!
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
- The quaint town of Hamden, Connecticut
- Embroideries by Marjane Satrapi
- Hummus and Triscuits!
- My name is Adam Gorsline; I’m a life long Yankee fan, adult basic education teacher, and big fan of old films.
- This is my first read-a-thon, so I’d say I’m most looking forward to expanding my mind intellectually with the books I’ve chosen!
- Wonderful Hamden, Connecticut
- Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton
- Nutella snack packs!
- My name is Todd Ryder; I’m a big fan of beer brewing and I work as a scientist!
- This is my first read-a-thon – most looking forward to the mini-challenges!
- Hamden, Connecticut
- The AWESOME graphic novel version of Chaucer’s The Canterbury Tales
- The awesome Nutella snack packs I found and also bananas! (I’ve been getting way to many charlie horses lately. Gotta up that potassium!)
- My name is Kimberly Denny-Ryder; Huge book addict, really enjoy old films, bowling, and volunteering!
- This is my first read-a-thon! What am I excited about? READING FOR TWENTY-FOUR HOURS!!!
You can follow Kim’s progress on Twitter! Her handle is @lifeand100books
Ok we’re off to start our reading now! We’ll see you soon!