It’s hour four! Our fourth staff blogger, Jess, is now joining us! Since she missed out on the getting to know you questions from hour one, we asked her to do them for hour four!
- Good ol’ Hamden, Connecticut. It’s my 2nd home.
- Most looking forward to The Marriage Plot by Jeffrey Eugenides. I might even take a stab at Fifty Shades of Grey too!
- I am looking forward to the Crumbs Cupcakes that fellow staff blogger Adam brought from NYC for the read-a-thon
- I’m Jessica Bade; I’m graduating from my masters program on May 13th and I’m so excited to read for fun more and write for Reflections again!
- This is my first read-a-thon – I’m looking forward to spending the day with the other staff members and getting to know them even better than I already do!
THANKS Jess!! We’re really excited she is able to join us for a good chunk of the day!
For hour four Reflections of a Bookaholic is hosting the mini-challenge! We were asked to turn to page 32 of our books and find something that would fit in the following sentence:
“I would rather read than ___________ any day.”
We came up with some humorous ones! Our responses are below:
Kim: I would rather read than confirm the supposition of unrequited love any day. (Currently reading: The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides)
Todd: I would rather read than work around the jack hammer moving away the pieces of rock after checking them for fossils any day. (Currently reading: Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton)
Adam: I would rather read than give my regards to Broadway any day. (Currently reading: B’Way: The American Musical by Michael Kantor and Laurence Maslon)
Jess: I would rather read than have mismatched libidos any day. (Currently reading: The Big Fun Sexy Sex Book by Lisa Rinna and Ian Kerner)
The four of us are off to go enjoy lunch for a bit, before heading back into reading. See you in hour five!