Friend of the blog, Kate from Musings of a Book Lover, recently informed us that we’d been Tagged! Tagging is a way to get to know bloggers better and hopefully help you find new blogs to check out. First things first, the rules!
1 You must post the rules.
2 Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
3 Tag eleven people and link to them on your post.
4 Let them know you’ve tagged them!
Here are the questions that Kate has asked, and my answers!
- Favorite ice cream flavor?
- There is a really small ice cream place near my house in CT called Wentworth Ice Cream that has the BEST ice cream. My go-to flavor when I’m there is light mint Oreo. It’s basically heaven in a cup!
- What’s in your purse?
- My wallet, cell phone, Dreaming of Mr. Darcy, nook, and some Vanilla Coke chapstick. (Yum!)
- If you could meet one author, who would it be and why?
- Jane Austen! She is what started my passion for reading and to be able to meet her and tell her how profound an impact her novels have had on my life would be a dream come true.
- If money were no object, what is one thing you would buy yourself right now?
- Hands down a trip around the world. I first got to travel outside of the US in the spring of 2011, taking stops in Spain and Italy. I can officially say that I have the travel bug. I don’t think I could ever be happy again if travel was not part of my life. I’m heading to Mexico in August to see the Mayan ruins and go whale shark diving! Places I’d like to visit on my trip around the world would be Greece, England, Ireland, Fiji, Australia, India, China, Germany…..it’s a never-ending list.
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
- HAHA great question. My mind is ALWAYS changing. When I was little I went through wanting to be a teacher, a film director, a professional dancer, secretary, and nurse. As an adult I went to college for communications, specializing in media production, but I wound up getting a job in finance when I left school. I now see myself as settling down in what I really want to do: work in publishing somehow. Whether it’s doing social media PR or editing manuscripts, I need to work with books professionally. Anyone want to help me out with that?
- Whats another hobby besides reading?
- I’m a big film fan! Fellow Reflections of a Book Addict blogger Charlie and I have recently been hitting up the theaters every Tuesday night to see something new. In fact last night we went to go see The Artist (I highly recommend it). Besides books and films I enjoy scrapbooking, volunteering, and bowling.
- Favorite recipe (link to it, if you can!)
- Sweet or sour?
- Can I say spicy instead?!
- What is one movie you could watch over and over again?
- Oh man – this list has the potential to be enormous. If I had to pick ONLY one, I’d pick Casablanca from 1942 with Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman. It is my #1 favorite film of all time and one that I fall in love with all over again each time I watch it.
- Have you ever been to a play?
- Yes! Over my 25 years I’ve seen a good number of them. I’ve seen The Phantom of the Opera three times, The Lion King twice, Wicked, Mary Poppins, The Little Mermaid, Riverdance on Broadway, Les Miserables, 42nd Street, Crazy For You, The Sound of Music, Annie, Beauty and the Beast, RENT, and Smokey Joe’s Cafe. In March, Christine from A Rambling Fancy and I are heading to Newsies (along with our friend Stacey), and I also received tickets for Spider Man- Turn Off the Dark for Christmas!
- Why did you start blogging?
- I wanted to share my love of reading with others! How many people pick up a book because it’s recommended to them by a friend? I wanted to share the books that I was finding and start discussion with like-minded people who enjoyed/disliked them. Hearing from blog followers that they’ve read a book because of my review and have enjoyed it has been one of the most rewarding things about being a blogger.
The 11 bloggers I’ve selected to tag are:
- Adam at Roof Beam Reader
- Meredith at Austenesque Reviews
- Anna at Diary of an Eccentric
- Christine at A Rambling Fancy
- Kelly Ann at Oh My Muse!
- Laurel Ann at Austenprose
- Tasha at Truth, Beauty, Freedom, and Books
- Colette at A Buckeye Girl Reads
- April at Good Books and Good Wine
- Teresa at Teresa’s Reading Corner
- Trai at Tutor Girl Reads
And my 11 questions for them are:
- As a book blogger you obviously read a lot of books. What is the one book you recommend to people over and over?
- (I have to steal one of Kate’s questions above) Why did you start blogging?
- If you had all the money in the world and could travel to ONE place, where would it be and why?
- Who is your favorite author?
- If you had to give your blog a color to describe it, what color would you give it?
- What book started your love of reading?
- What is your favorite genre to read?
- Is there a film adaptation that you think was better than the book? What film?
- Where is your favorite place to read?
- What is your favorite guilty pleasure read?
- Do you prefer solids or e-books?
I hope this has given you more insight in who I am behind my blog and some new blogs to check out!